Other benefits include:
- Group and individual coaching sessions (which are £1 an hour cheaper for members)
- Internal club tournaments
- Fun competitions including box leagues for older juniors
- Free use of courts at selected times: Monday to Friday up to 18.30; Saturday up to 14.00 and Sunday from 18.00.
- Cheaper holiday camps on the dates below:
Mon 17th – Fri 21st Feb
Mon 6th – Thu 9th Apr
Tue 14th – Fri 17th Apr
Tue 26th – Fri 29th May
Mon 3rd – Fri 7th Aug
Mon 10th – Fri 14th Aug
Mon 24th – Fri 28th Aug
Mon 26th – Fri 30th Oct
Mon 21st – Tue 22nd Dec
In case you needed any further reasons for having your child/children receive coaching as a member of Ashford Tennis Club, we’ve listed more below!
- The Tennis Club provides a safe and secure environment
- There are seats available for parents and other family members to sit and watch
- We have a children’s playground and sports field where siblings can play safely
- You have full use of the bar and toilet facilities when open
- There is ample and adjacent car parking
- There is a sense of community that belonging to a club brings
- We enter tennis teams in LTA run competitions
- The club provides a natural progression route into the adult social sessions and adult teams
Junior Subscriptions for 2020/21
|If joining in||JUNIORS|
|PARENT of MINI *||PARENT of JUNIOR||PARENTS COUPLE|
Parent of Child memberships entitle parent to hit with the child to give him/her some practice, rather than play full sets.
* Parent of Mini entitles the parent of that child to play with them only Mon-Fri up to 6.30pm, and Sat/Sun after 6pm.
CODE OF PRACTICE FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Ashford Tennis Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, if members have any concerns or complaints please feel free to share them with the Club Chairman via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of Ashford Tennis Club you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
- Wear suitable tennis attire if hitting with your child on court
- Encourage your child to learn the rules of tennis and play within them.
- Always ensure your child has adequate adult supervision at all times whilst on the club’s premises. Other adult players are there not to supervise and may leave early
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognize good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognizing fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept judgments made by officials.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Allow your child to play in the Mini Tennis colour stage that is appropriate to them. This will ensure they enjoy playing the game, develop their skills and gain confidence.
- Purchase balls and rackets that match the stage your child is in.
- Be patient. Steady progression is unusual in children; peaks and plateaus are common.
- Your first question following any match should be; “Did you enjoy it?” not “Did you win?”
- At no stage should you communicate with your child or interfere with the on-court helpers andreferees during a match – just enjoy the game and let officials take care of the rules!
CODE OF PRACTICE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
As a junior member of Ashford Tennis Club you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants.
- Always ensure you have adequate adult supervision at all times whilst on the club’s premises. Other adult players are not there to supervise you
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions, or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke, consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or whilst representing the club
- Access the courts through the correct gates. Do not cross occupied courts
- Do not take sweets/food on to the court. Drinks only in plastic bottles with tops
- Do not walk behind the courts whilst others are playing – wait for a suitable break in play
- Do not run across courts to retrieve balls whilst others are playing – wait for a break in play
- Any visitors you bring to play tennis must be suitably dressed.
- Visitors must sign in and pay the relevant fee. It is not acceptable to bring friends to just ’hang around’